News Flash!
  • Future Classic Cars
  • for all modern classic cars from the 80's onwards
Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Mk1 Mazda MX5 (aka Mindy!)

On 8/9/2019 at 9:01 AM, Gel said:

The 2 tone tombstones look ace Dave  :)....selling your seats should ensure you're not out of pocket.

Are you taking on the bolster repair yourself ?......if anyone can do it you can.

IMHO  leather seats are a must in an open top car

Looks like you're going to have a nice enjoyable weekend fitting the seats and road testing 'em.....all ya need is some Sunny weather.

And its sunny today! Just about to have lunch then we're both out to the garage to get the seats done. Rest of the cleaning kit turned up today so we're good to go.

• Like 1

Thought I'd updated this! lol So, the new leather seats we refurbed are now fitted along with the wood trim for the dash/centre console. Also fitted the leather gear surround and handbrake cover.

20190818_140557.jpg

20190818_140708.jpg20190818_140754.jpg20190818_140846.jpg20190818_140901.jpg

Think the interior is really transformed now, kinda made our own wee limited edition.

Not done a lot to Mindy lately, what with DD getting her suspension doe and winter wheels sorted. Decided that seeing as I'm stuck in the house cos of this bloody covid-19, though I might as well do some 'internet shopping! Soooooo, bought a wee part for the interior that I wanted to finish off the center console chrome.

IL motorsport chrome hazard light/headlight pop up switch surround.

20200401_184542.jpg

Have to say, for a part from such a reputable company the fit was absolutely piss poor! There is s curvature to the switch panel that this piece simply did not have. No way the sticky pad that's on it would even try to hold the part in place, so I had to glue it and press really hard for ages to get the part to stay put! Got there in the end though and pleased how it now looks

20200401_190138.jpg20200401_190114.jpg20200401_190009.jpg

• Hope you like!