News Flash!
  • COMPETITION TIME!.......WIN a FREE Sonus Bluetooth hands free/MP3 player
  • CHANGE TO MEMBERS CARS SECTION. Please see Latest News

I just popped across here from the MX5 Scotland Forum.

Current future classics...

pKPurPD.jpg

I actually had 2 yellow MR2s (well one was the import version MR-S) until about a month ago.  I didn't have the space to keep both plus my daily runners and other cars owned by the rest of the family. :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome mate, glad you joined up. Love the mx5 (first MK4 in the club!) but that MR2 looks amazing in that colour! First yellow one I've seen. Looking forward to seeing more of these two, remember and add them to members cars and get their own pages started ?

Thanks.  Yellow cars have been a bit of a thing for me ever since one of my first cars was a Mk1 Capri in Daytona Yellow.  I had a Mk1 MR2 for a while (in red) and I had a blue Mk3 a couple of years back too.  Personally, I think they look best in yellow though.

Here are both MR2s side-by-side:

yTX0iCj.jpg

The headlamps on the one on the right have "Simon Tan-style" eyebrows added.  I tried to get a set for the other one too, but the fit wasn't as good so I left them off.  I've done quite a few bits and pieces with it too though since the above pics were taken so I'll post some more when I get a chance.

For what it's worth, here's the Capri:

9OqJ5Rw.jpg

• Like 1

A man after my own heart! I had a thing for Daytona yellow too! Almost bought a mk3 cortina gxl in that colour, and had a MK2 fiesta in that yucky pale blue they come in. Was only a 1.1L but I stripped it down, resprayed it in Daytona yellow then fitted the XR2 body kit, wheels, suspension and interior. Loved that wee tested and it looked sweet when done. Next thing I knew, every car in my area was getting resprayed yellow! Started a trend lol

That Capri looks amazing mate, stunning example. Loving the two mr2's together too!

Ha ha! Amazing.  It seems that we have similar tastes. I also has a Fiesta 1.1 except that it was a Mk1 van - stripped it down, XR2 interior and body kit (mostly Mk2 bits), yellow paint and a red "paint splat" decal on the side panels.  The wooden floor that replaces the seats in the van version made excellent resonant mountings for some nice beefy speakers.  For some reason, despite owning it for about 4 years, I don't seem to have any pictures of it.

8 hours ago, Enjay said:

Ha ha! Amazing.  It seems that we have similar tastes. I also has a Fiesta 1.1 except that it was a Mk1 van - stripped it down, XR2 interior and body kit (mostly Mk2 bits), yellow paint and a red "paint splat" decal on the side panels.  The wooden floor that replaces the seats in the van version made excellent resonant mountings for some nice beefy speakers.  For some reason, despite owning it for about 4 years, I don't seem to have any pictures of it.

Lol indeed, very similar tastes! I had a MK1 fester before the MK2, but the floor fell out of it! I'm the same, not got any pics at all of the yellow MK2, but then we didn't have Digi cameras back then, just good old 35mm spools that you had to wait (with fingers crossed they actually turned out ok) ages for the chemist or camera shop to develop! Lmao jeese, not even sure I had internet when I had those cars!! 

Hi and welcome aboard Enjay :),  I also love yellow sporty cars but dislike yellow run of the Mill cars.

I once traded  a beautiful well maintained yellow Capri 1.6 GL OHC in against a ropey Triumph Dolomite Sprint.

Love your yellow bird and hope we'll be seeing more of it.

• Like 1